RE: Describing libraries in schema.org

Karen,

Note that Schema.org has a model for http://schema.org/Library that
includes a "branchOf" property inherited from
http://schema.org/LocalBusiness.

I've copied team members of the WorldCat Registry
<http://worldcat.org/registry/Institutions>  service to let them know
that the community is starting to imagine the benefits of this approach.

Jeff

They

> can be within corporations, however. So it seems to me that we will

> need to define Library directly under Organization as a stand-alone

> entity. By using organization the library can have a name, a location,

> and hours of operation, so that is all taken care of. Local business

> has "branchOf"

> which would be very handy, but isn't available at the Organization

> level so we may need to deal with connecting libraries to their

> systems.

> In terms of holdings and availability, I think we want
library-specific

<http://kcoyle.net>