Re: goals wrt FRBR/RDA (was Re: Works and instances)

>>> On 1/9/2013 at 08:35 AM, Richard Wallis <richard.wallis@oclc.org> wrote:
> On 08/01/2013 23:18, "Karen Coyle" <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:

<snip>

>> Perhaps we need to gather examples of displays that could be coded with
>> schema.org.

> This is an excellent way to test Schema.org, and our extension proposals.
> Exactly the way OCLC identified some of the issues,  that identified to me
> the need for this group in the first place, by trying to mark up a WorldCat
> resources.

Right, that's why I'm here too, and that's why I pointed at schema.org microdata / RDFa-lite variants at http://laurentian-test.concat.ca and http://rdfa_lite_test.concat.ca respectively. Karen identified a problem with MusicRecording / Album, which was a great help, but otherwise there hasn't been any response.

To keep this concrete, maybe we could pick out one kind of record at a time that we want to collectively pore over, identify gaps based on our use cases & suggested ways of filling those gaps, and iterate towards awesomeness?

Or maybe real-life catalog displays are just too boring or old-fashioned to deal with?