RE: Extension syntax Was: Re: Updated Example

Here's what Schema.org says about its data model:
http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html

Conformance

While we would like all the markup we get to follow the schema, in
practice, we expect a lot of data that does not. We expect schema.org
properties to be used with new types. We also expect that often, where
we expect a property value of type Person, Place, Organization or some
other subClassOf Thing, we will get a text string. In the spirit of
"some data is better than none", we will accept this markup and do the
best we can.

I think we are supporting the spirit of this.

Jeff