Re: Extension syntax Was: Re: Updated Example

Hi,

I'm only commenting on one piece of this thread concerning the
creation of a new abridged boolean property. Comment below.

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org> wrote:
> On 24 Feb 2013, at 16:48, "Karen Coyle" <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:
>> On 2/23/13 12:13 PM, Richard Wallis wrote:
>>
>>> Although this is also syntactically correct:
>>
>> Richard,
>>
>> This may be syntactically correct, but I can find no examples of communities using this type of syntax in the schema.org pages. (Of course, I may have missed something, but a search didn't turn any up.)
>
> I wasn't suggesting that we promote the usage of this particular syntax - I was merely pointing out that it is possible to markup data values without being constrained by only being able to use what is on display.

If there were an abridged property, then I think
http://schema.org/True and http://schema.org/False could be used for
it. They currently lack documentation. There are a number of
schema.org properties that expect a Boolean value, but I couldn't find
an example of use in the documentation.

There is an open issue on exactly the correct way to mark this up:
http://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/14

I think Dan Brickley's note there looks like using plain strings might
become the answer . So in this case you'd do:

If we have another use for a boolean value, then this would be a good
reason to push for a resolution to that issue.

Jason