Re: Series

I think we need series in schema.org so that it will be recognized by
applications. "inSeries" seems to me to be the gist of the relationship.
Unfortunately this is something that Amazon does poorly, putting their
version of the series name in the title in parens:

Tripwire (Jack Reacher, No. 3)
Wintersmith (Discworld)

I do wish they gave it its own property.

ONIX has series as a type of collection:

List 148	Collection type		9
00	Unspecified (default)	Collection type is not determined.	9
10	Publisher collection	The collection is a bibliographic collection (eg
a series) defined and identified by a publisher, either on the product
itself or in product information supplied by the publisher.	9
20	Ascribed collection	The collection has been defined and identified by
a party in the metadata supply chain other than the publisher, typically
an aggregator.

That seems to be a pretty open property, and could be used for
everything from publisher series, reader series, and I suppose even
trilogies (which are a series).

I'm not finding a "collection" concept in schema.org -- that will be
needed not only for series but for archival collections and even
collections that are bibliographies (e.g. a page on a professor's web
site of all of her publications). Maybe a broad "collection" concept
would be a good place to start, with more specific types of collections
coming later. CreativeWork could have an "inCollection" - that would
work for art, music, etc.

kc

--
Karen Coyle