Re: audiobook options in objects

Hi Karen,

I'm inclined to ignore that definition of Media Object :) There is no reason why an Audio-book shouldn't be embedded in a webpage so I wouldn't want to exclude this either)

I think you could make use of the Creative Work property "encoding" rather than making it a type of Media Object - which allows some split of content and carrier? (not wishing to resurrect that discussion!)

This would allow:

Proposal
Thing > CreativeWork > Audiobook
Thing > CreativeWork > Book > Audiobook

New properties for audiobook type

	• readBy -- expected type: Person

Properties likely to be used from Book

	• bookEdition (for abridgement note)
	• isbn

With a separate Media Object to be created and referenced using 'encoding' property from CreativeWork?

I've added as Proposal 4

Owen

Owen Stephens
Owen Stephens Consulting