RE: Content-Carrier Proposal

The problem with the Metadata Registry URIs is that they identify skos:Concepts, not owl:Classes. That's why productontology.org had to coin new URIs rather than use Wikipedia/DBpedia URIs directly:

http://www.productontology.org/#faq1

If the Metadata Registry decided to follow suit, I would recommend switching from numeric URIs to transparent URIs. I realize the numeric forms are more language-neutral, but they are also a significant barrier to human convenience.

Jeff