Re: Content-Carrier Proposal

Richard,

Thanks for starting this. My first comment is that we need some good
definitions of "content" and "carrier." It's fairly common terminology
in the library world but not beyond.

My second is that this links to a more general discussion I have been
thinking of starting on the general vocab list, which is about
"re-usable bits and facets." The content and carrier concepts are almost
universals and I can imagine "carrier" becoming a re-usable facet
available to any schemas that fine it useful. (Ditto things like
"location"). The library "content & carrier" could become a focus for
talking about how truly non-specific these concepts are and why the
creation of freely available facets could aid in metadata development.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net