Re: First draft minimalist periodical/article proposal

Karen, Jeff,

Yes and yes. :) I certainly agree that if partOf is acceptable for all, it
is the simpler choice. I got the impression though that we were not in
agreement there (and that the favorite was to use the specific one). And
part of that was that schema.org already has such partOfFoos growing here
and there (e.g. in Episode).

In any case, we need a "part of" relation between the article and the
periodical. (And probably a reverse relation, since @rev isn't liked by
everyone; and since in some cases the workflow does go from container to
contained.)

(The articles here, having paginations, are intrinsically parts of
something paged – otherwise the pagination property wouldn't be very useful
(just numberOfPages would do).)

By the way: it seems that the headlines in the wiki page are a bit off. The
section under "Intangible" really should be for Article, right? And the
"Thing > CreativeWork > Article" section seems to specify the addition of
the Periodical class.

Cheers,
Niklas