RE: Comics and periodicals in schema.org (was Re: journal article for next call?)

Dear all,

The ISSN Manual is indeed a cataloguing code (but it provides also MARC 21 and UNIMARC profiles for ISSN records created by the National Centres of the ISSN Network).

I agree in principle that not all the ISSN data should have devoted properties in schema.org. I will have a look again to what you did for books as soon as I can so that to better understand your approach.

As Jean said, we intend to use schema.org for a new portal we will launch on December 16, and that is one of the reasons why I am particularly interested in the creation of properties for ISSN elements in schema.org...

As a matter of fact, this portal will provide free access to a subset of ISSN records and we want to optimize the referencing of the corresponding webpages by search engines.

I will make the point with my contractor, and come back to you.

Regarding PRESSoo, which is a model for serials developped by the ISSN IC and the Bnf , you can find more information on the following page:

http://www.issn.org/2-24155-PRESSoo-model.php

Please note that we are currently discussing with IFLA and CIDOC-CRM for validating officially this model as an extension of FRBRoo.

We will be available for discussing about this model with those interested once our new portal is launched (as you may imagine, we have a lot of things to complete before the launch...)

And I copy Patrick Le Boeuf (BnF), editor of PRESSoo.

Best regards,

François-Xavier Pelegrin