Re: Comics and periodicals in schema.org (was Re: journal article for next call?)

Hello,

It is both a question and a comment. Is there a link between the work you
do to describe periodical/serial publications and the standards of the ISSN
about periodical/serial publication description ?

ISSN has models applied to Marc21, to LOD with the Press-oo model (based on
FRBR-oo), and they might be already working on a Schema.org model.
It could be really nice to have the schema.org model for periodical/serial
publications easily interoperable with the ISSN standards as the
periodical/serial publications are already described in the national
library catalogs following those standards, and those catalogs are
published on the web with semantic annotation based on schema.org.

I copy Francois-Xavier from ISSN who has been working on Press-oo ontology (
francois-xavier.pelegrin@issn.org).

Cheers
Jean

--