Re: Itemprop for person

Assuming that you define a ghost as a Person, yes.

Presuming that we lobbied successfully to add a Boolean 'isFictional'
property to the Schema.org Thing class any other class that inherits from
Thing could use it.

Check out the description of the Person class <http://schema.org/Person> 'A
person (alive, dead, undead, or fictional).' and you will see the five
properties inherited from Thing listed at the top.

~Richard.

On 08/11/2012 16:17, "Pilsk, Suzanne" <PilskS@si.edu> wrote:

> This is the discussion that goes on in the library cataloging standards group
> - that crops up when a new batch of catalogers are trained and are surprised
> by the "rules".
>

> Casper the friendly ghost - fictional to some, a real ghost to others.
> Lassie - the dog - a real dog - actually played by multiple canines.
>
> I like the idea of a person is a person who is fictional vs taking a "fake
> personality" and making it a "thing".
>
> We have a linked data project in the works with FAKE Botanists.
>
> So Richard, are you saying it would be person (is fictional) - under "Thing"?
>
> Suzanne
>

> Suzanne C. Pilsk
> Head, Metadata Unit
> Smithsonian Institution Libraries
> Connecting. Ideas. Information. You.
> 10th & Constitution Avenues, NW, NH2207
> MRC 154, P.O. Box 37012
> Washington, DC 20013-7012
> v. 202.633.1646
> PilskS@si.edu
> Please consider the environment before printing this email.

>>> Land: (908) 219-0082