RE: Itemprop for person

This is the discussion that goes on in the library cataloging standards group - that crops up when a new batch of catalogers are trained and are surprised by the "rules".

Casper the friendly ghost - fictional to some, a real ghost to others.
Lassie - the dog - a real dog - actually played by multiple canines.

I like the idea of a person is a person who is fictional vs taking a "fake personality" and making it a "thing".

We have a linked data project in the works with FAKE Botanists.

So Richard, are you saying it would be person (is fictional) - under "Thing"?

Suzanne

Suzanne C. Pilsk
Head, Metadata Unit
Smithsonian Institution Libraries
Connecting. Ideas. Information. You.
10th & Constitution Avenues, NW, NH2207
MRC 154, P.O. Box 37012
Washington, DC 20013-7012
v. 202.633.1646
PilskS@si.edu
Please consider the environment before printing this email.