Re: Mode of study or delivery

I'ld like to go further than URIs and have the URIs resolve to some
useful information (e.g. in SKOS), and I would like to be able to use
Richards proposed EnumerationValue [1]. This would allow us to provide a
meaningful URL and a textual value as a name.

I suspect that the list of courseModes is finite but longer than the
list we have at the moment. I also suspect that people will want to use
local values as well as the core 'required' set. Finally I suspect that
whatever we specify many people will just provide a text value.

Going beyond a list of suggested text values may require some effort and
discussion. There is a wiki page for how to specify mode of study or
delivery, I invite anyone interested to edit it to provide definitions
and add any values that may be missing. We can discuss any issues in
this thread.

Phil

1. https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/894

--

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.