Re: schema-course-extend: credential or award offered through course.

Thanks Tavis, Stuart, I'll try a couple of options around expanding the
abbrev.
Phil

On 22/06/16 13:13, Developer, SleepingDog wrote:
> Yes, although the live example does not expand the qualification, in a previous email I suggested using the HTML abbr element like:

> if that would be sufficient, Stuart? For users and search engines and so forth. I think there is evidence that people tend to search on “hnc accounting” rather than “higher national certificate accounting". Or perhaps suitable in course lists, but the full qualification expansion in headings, with the abbreviation in page title?
>
> I don’t think it is a trivial matter — impenetrable abbreviations came up in our (very limited) website user testing — it’s just a question of settling best practice, I guess. Google seems to know what the abbreviation stands for in context.
>

> Tavis Reddick
>

>> On 22 Jun 2016, at 12:49, Stuart Sutton <sasutton@dublincore.net> wrote:
>>
>> Trivial matter: In your example coding with the value "HNC Accounting", consider expanding the "HNC" to "Higher National Certificate in Accounting" for those that might not otherwise get that this is a form of credential. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_National_Certificate)...push to be explicit coming from someone who has little confidence that most people can easily infer anything.

Phil Barker           @philbarker
LRMI, Cetis, ICBL     http://people.pjjk.net/phil
Heriot-Watt University

Ubuntu: http://xkcd.com/456/
   not so much an operating system as a learning opportunity.