Re: schema-course-extend: credential or award offered through course.

On 16/06/2016 16:16, Alan Paull wrote:
<snip>
> I think that we should stick to credentials as qualifications in this
> context, UNLESS we want to get this wrapped up in the complexities of
> credit accumulation and transfer – increasingly important now in the
> UK.  If we include anything ‘certificated’ (including credit), then we
> muddy the waters considerably.  I’d rather go with qualification in
> the first instance.

That's interesting.

Credit  transfer is indeed the topic of another use case, see
http://bit.ly/1XrLT5Z Let's deal with that separately.

The credit accumulation part, I think is also relevant to Stuart's point
about courses which lead to a qualification because they are part of a
larger programme or course of study.

Phil

--
Phil Barker           @philbarker