      From: Wes Turner <wes.turner@gmail.com>
 To: Phil Barker <phil.barker@hw.ac.uk>
Cc: public-schema-course-extend@w3.org
 Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 7:28 AM
 Subject: Re: CourseInstance : MaximumCapacity ?

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 4:18 AM, Phil Barker <phil.barker@hw.ac.uk> wrote:

Hello all.
I think I can see a place for both the status (open/full etc.) and the size of the course instance. I think it does make a difference to know whether you will be taught in a small group (~10) or a massive cohort (~10,000).

It also strikes me that neither of these are specific to course instances, i.e. they would apply to any type of Event. I don't see anything under Event at the moment which fits the bill.  There is http://schema.org/EventStatusType which can be used for showing whether the event is cancelled, postponed, rescheduled or scheduled: close but not the the right values. Other than that there is, as part of Offer, http://schema.org/availability which includes SoldOut, but seems more geared to physical items. I don't see anything for event capacity except maybe the http://schema.org/inventoryLevel property of Offer.

I am inclined to think that we need one new property eventCapacity (or just capacity if it is to be specific to courses), and an extension to http://schema.org/EventStatusType

* eventCapacity
* Offer.inventoryLevel* Offer.availability < ItemAvailability >* Offer.availabilityStarts* Offer.availabilityEnds
* waitlist < WaitList([ (datetime, Person, status) ]) >* waitlistLength < Number >

Phil