From: Phil Barker [mailto:phil.barker@hw.ac.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:18 AM
To: public-schema-course-extend@w3.org
Subject: schema course extend: Choosing a chair

Hello again. Here's one of the initial set up tasks for the schema course extension community group that we can start on.

According to the home page for this community group "The group must now choose a chair."  There's some further information about how this process might work on the W3C communities site [1]

Dan Brickley has kindly nominated me as chair [2]. I am happy to chair this group, and act as liaison with Dan and colleagues in schema.org, but equally happy for the group to consider other suggestions.

So, if you would like to chair this group, please let us know. If anyone else comes forward we can have an election; until then I will be happy to act as chair.

Best regards, Phil

1. https://www.w3.org/community/about/faq/#how-do-we-choose-a-chair

    https://www.w3.org/community/council/wiki/Templates/CG_Charter#Chair_Selection

2. https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-schemaorg/2015Dec/0014.html

    text copied here for convenience

I've just taken the liberty of nominating Phil Barker as chair of the Community Group, since this reflects quite naturally the fact that Phil has been driving this work along already. From a schema.org<http://schema.org> perspective this means that we'll look to Phil as a first point of contact on the status of this work, and to help us bridge the gap between the general schema.org<http://schema.org> communication channels (email + github issues) and Course-specific discussions. But we can all do our bit on that front. For example in schema.org<http://schema.org>'s Github issues we have https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/195 regarding courses. I've just dropped a link to the new CG into that group.

Phil - are you happy being chair of the Community Group? If not, I believe the W3C system now means that you have to choose who to nominate as co-chair of chair...

--

Phil Barker           @philbarker

LRMI, Cetis, ICBL     http://people.pjjk.net/phil

Heriot-Watt University

Workflow: http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/workflow/

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes. Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders<http://www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders> for further information and how to apply.

Heriot-Watt University is a Scottish charity registered under charity number SC000278.