Re: tracking state changes in a temporal read-write web

Quoting Melvin Carvalho (2021-05-21 17:15:52)
> On Fri, 21 May 2021 at 16:35, Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>
> wrote:
> > Why do these discussions immediately explode in all possible
> > directions? Temporal integrity, blockchain (agnostic), hashing...
> > How about we figure out the very *very* basics first, and start
> > building from that?
>
> Good idea, let me try and understand

[snip]

> > and a client and can communicate both ways.
>
> Unsure I understand this.  A server is a fairly simple one-liner these
> days.  But a client.  Is that curl, or a browser, or a chat bot, or
> another server?

[snip]

> I think we can do this, seems more like a bot you are describing

Perhaps these illustrations help in framing what is described here:
https://github.com/HTTP-APIs/hydra-ecosystem-wiki/blob/master/Design.md

I don't mean to say that Hydra is the answer to this, only that the work
done in illustrating the actors of Hydra might be helpful to explain
this idea.

> > The intention is that now the agent can cross-reference the new data
> > with the rest of the data in its application, e.g. using SPARQL if
> > the storage supports it.
>
> Cross reference seems a bit like validation here?  An important step,
> and actually one I didnt cover originally so thanks for pointing that
> out. State changes would benefit from being subject to a set of rules
> for valid data

[...]

> > Is that too simplistic? Then please show me an RDF-based app that
> > can do this out-of-the-box.
>
> Does such an app exist to your knowledge?

Seems to me that https://atomicdata.dev/ implements the described
principles.

Again, I don't mean to hijack the conversation, but the choices made for
Atomic Data is (to me) well reflected at https://docs.atomicdata.dev/ so
that documentation might be helpful in figuring out which details
conflicts with or is irrelevant for this idea.

 - Jonas