RE: "Team" members wanted

Trendy is not a valuable trait of an implementation language. Solid libraries, tooling and oversight would be more attractive. Java has those, JS does not.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Booth [mailto:david@dbooth.org]
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2017 9:49 AM
To: semantic-web@w3.org; public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>; DBpedia <Dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net>; pragmaticweb@lists.spline.inf.fu-berlin.de
Subject: Re: "Team" members wanted

On 10/27/2017 11:26 AM, Sebastian Samaruga wrote:
> [ . . . ] The whole project is
> planned to be implemented in Java

I'm curious: why Java?   Have you considered JavaScript / ES6?
JavaScript is now the most widely used programming language[1], and it now has very solid server-side support.  A more modern language may attract more volunteers also.  Unless there are over-riding concerns pushing you to Java, I would suggest considering JavaScript / ES6.

1.
https://stackify.com/trendiest-programming-languages-hottest-sought-programming-languages-2017/

David Booth