Re: Request for edits on Wikipedia/LDN

On 5/26/17 7:59 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 26 May 2017 at 13:16, Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca
> <mailto:info@csarven.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Following up on Kingsley's suggestion to mention this here:
>
>     It'd be great if we can improve this article:
>
>     https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_Data_Notifications
>     <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_Data_Notifications>
>
>     Jump in :)
>

> I'd favor simple examples.
>
> I like that there's a turtle example.  One issue with JSON-LD is that
> it requires an asyncronous lookup of the content, whereas turtle can
> just be parsed.
>
> Also pulling in the whole schema.org <http://schema.org> context in
> the example, isnt that quite an intensive operation?

Melvin / Sarven,

Remember, you can use Dokieli and OSDS browser extensions to inject
Turtle and JSON-LD into any doc. By that I mean, let's say you stumble
across some spec that only includes RDF-Turtle examples, you simply
perform the following steps for creating an JSON-LD example:

1. Click on dokieli extension

2. Goto edit mode

3. Use nanotation to make the Turtle visible to OSDB (i.e., just put the
RDF-Turtle inside {} )

4. Click on OSDB extension icon

5. Click the "Download" Action Icon which will present you with JSON-LD
as on option

6. Copy and paste the JSON-LD into the document, just below the RDF-Turtle

7. Place ## JSON-LD Start ## and ## JSON-LD End ## around the JSON-LD
(basically, this is like putting RDF-Turtle in {} form step #3 re.,
nanotation)

8. Click on OSDB browser extension

At this point you've added JSON-LD rendition of RDF-Turtle to the doc in
question.

Repeat when the docs only contain JSON-LD examples [1]

Links:

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYEokEwKQQw -- Screencast demo

[2] https://twitter.com/kidehen/status/867863607446556672 -- Using this
approach to make connection between Conceptual Graphs (graphic notation)
and RDF using RDF-Turtle (linear notation).

OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)

Weblogs (Blogs):
Legacy Blog: http://www.openlinksw.com/blog/~kidehen/
Blogspot Blog: http://kidehen.blogspot.com