Re: LDP a replacement for WebDav?

On 4/12/17 9:47 AM, Miles Fidelman wrote:

> On 4/12/17 6:45 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> I wouldn't call browsing an address, via curl, the equivalent of
>>> mounting a file directory.
>>
>> Miles,
>>
>> That wasn't my point.
>>
>> I simply used curl as a mechanism for demonstrating retrieval of LDP
>> metadata associated with a folder. The folder in question is also
>> mountable via WebDAV or LDP (which we demonstrate in our RDF Editor).
>>

> Sorry to be pedantic, but you started with "You could mount an LDP
> Container" - so it kind of was your point.

Yes, and that is a fact I was also trying to demonstrate. The only
reason you don't have LDP Container mounting as part of Windows, Mac OS
X, Linux etc.. is because none of the vendors (or their developer
communities) associated with these operating systems have picked up on
LDP. Currently, they support WebDAV hence their ability to mount WebDAV
Collections (which are like LDP Containers; specifically the LDP
Composite Container or Folder).

> The original poster was asking for clarity - let's not muddy the waters.

That wasn't my intention, in fact, quite the contrary.

I am an implementer (not speculator) of both standards. Mounting is
simply something you can do with either, as we already demonstrate in
our products.

> Miles Fidelman

OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)

Weblogs (Blogs):