Re: How the father of the World Wide Web plans to reclaim it from Facebook and Google

On 9/2/16 10:14 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> So I think this demonstrates that solid apps dont yet interoperate
> with openlink virtuoso.  I think it's unhelpful to go into
> "blamestorming" mode but simply acknowledge this is the case, and that
> resources need to be allocated in order to achieve interop.  The main
> issue is that everyone is light on resources, so that's why interop
> can take a while when doing things on a casual volunteer based
> workflow.  Im not saying that a WG is the only way to achieve this,
> but rather, that the model of a WG ensures that participates allocate
> resources to achieving milestones.  That makes the path to interop
> faster.  I think 6 months is an optimistic timeframe (tho id love to
> see interop in that time), if we extrapolate back 6 months and see the
> incremental advances.
My initial text:

Here's an illustration of what I experience:
https://www.pinterest.com/kidehen/solid-interop/ .

WebID+TLS handling is problematic, and that's more to do with WebID+TLS
interop issues associated with the chosen WebID+TLS authentication
module used in the framework to build that editor.

You've already successfully created resources in my Data Space where
authentication is WebID+TLS and/or WebID+TLS+Delegation based,
leveraging a WebACL.

That's has nothing to do with SoLiD and everything to do with a
Read-Write leveraging existing open standards etc..

What is WebID+TLS?

A an open standards-based protocol for authenticating Agent identity, at
Web-scale .

Why is it important?

It enables Read-Write operations across Data Spaces on an HTTP network
using an HTTP user agent (or client). How do I use it? Simply perform
the following steps:

1. Make a profile document on your local computer
2. Publish the profile document to an HTTP-accessible location
3. Generate an X.509 Certificate using information from the
HTTP-accessible profile document     -- during this process, use the
HTTP URL of the profile document + "#i" to create a WebID which is then
used a the value of the Subject Alternative Name field
4. Test WebID+TLS authentication protocol using the product of 1-3.

Tools:
1. http://id.myopenlink.net/ods/webid_demo.html -- Example of a tool for
WebID+TLS protocol testing
2. http://id.myopenlink.net/youid/ -- Example of a tool for X.509
Certificate endowed with WebID in SAN generation (choose the
WebID-Profile Document from the Profile data Provider drop-down).

I just outlined a sequence of steps that have nothing to do with
Virtuoso, and everything to do with WebID+TLS authentication.

Screenshot URIs:

[1]
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/88/61/4f/88614f8e4aee167abbf06dda72fe0eaf.png
-- Screen 1/3