Re: How the father of the World Wide Web plans to reclaim it from Facebook and Google

On 8/23/16 6:56 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> [...]
>>>             matter.

>>>             Virtuoso supports all the open standards covered by
>>>             SoLiD, and some (e.g., WebID+TLS+Delegation).
>>>
>>>             We need to speak clearly about these issues otherwise we
>>>             have nothing but confusion.
>>>

>>>         What will be really amazing is when Solid apps are tested to
>>>         run on an openlink backend and vice versa.
>>         Melvin,
>>
>>         So why don't I share a folder endpoint [1] and the you try to
>>         use SoLiD to create a document in that folder? Naturally, I
>>         would need to grant access to you via your WebID (which I
>>         assume to be: https://melvincarvalho.com/#me) .
>>
>>         Links:
>>
>>         [1] http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/solid/
>>         <http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/solid/>
>>         [2]
>>         https://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/solid/
>>         <https://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/solid/>
>>         [3]
>>         http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/solid%2Cacl
>>         <http://kingsley.idehen.net/DAV/home/kidehen/Public/solid%2Cacl>
>>         -- ACL doc (your webid has access to this too!)
>>         [4] https://linkeddata.uriburner.com/rdf-editor
>>         <https://linkeddata.uriburner.com/rdf-editor> -- Editor that
>>         can be used to compare experience re. creation of document in
>>         the sample/qa folder.
>>

>>         --
>>         Regards,
>>
>>         Kingsley Idehen
>>         Founder & CEO
>>         OpenLink Software   (Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com)
>>
>>         Medium Blog: https://medium.com/@kidehen
>>         Blogspot Blog: http://kidehen.blogspot.com
>>         Twitter Profile: https://twitter.com/kidehen
>>         Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/+KingsleyIdehen/about
>>         <https://plus.google.com/+KingsleyIdehen/about>
>>         LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kidehen
>>         <http://www.linkedin.com/in/kidehen>
>>         Personal WebID: http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this
>>         <http://kingsley.idehen.net/dataspace/person/kidehen#this>
>>
>>         -- You received this message because you are subscribed to
>>         the Google Groups "Business Of Linked Data (BOLD)" group. To
>>         unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from
>>         it, send an email to
>>         business-of-linked-data-bold+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>>         <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>>
>>     -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the
>>     Google Groups "Business Of Linked Data (BOLD)" group. To
>>     unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it,
>>     send an email to
>>     business-of-linked-data-bold+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
>>     <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>
>     Melvin,
>
>     Does that imply things are fine re. SoLiD or not?
>
> One test is passing at least, which is a good sign!
> I think to say things are 'fine' we really need to develop a test
> suite and run tests.  There may be other ways, but that seems to be

Melvin,

I am trying to avoid "OpenLink doesn't support SoLiD" cycles that keep
on reoccurring. If there is a pattern that fails it should be identified
and demonstrated.

As per this demo, my view point is simply as follows:

[1] Start you Virtuoso instance

[2] Perform RWW operations over HTTP using SoLiD patterns

If something fails, it should be reported.

Note my instance at idehen.net is a little unstable right now due to a
plethora of QA activities on other fronts.