Re: Social Web and LDP

> On 1 Jan 2015, at 09:07, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 13 December 2014 at 19:13, henry.story@bblfish.net <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net> <henry.story@bblfish.net <mailto:henry.story@bblfish.net>> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I gave a presentation on Tuesday this week at the London
> conference "Scala eXchange" entitled
>
> "Building a Secure Distributed Social Web using Scala & Scala-JS"
>
> which is (amazingly) already online here:
>
> https://skillsmatter.com/skillscasts/5960-building-a-secure-distributed-social-web-using-scala-scala-js#video <https://skillsmatter.com/skillscasts/5960-building-a-secure-distributed-social-web-using-scala-scala-js#video>
>
> ( you need to get an account and log in to see it ).
>
> Finally got round to watching this ( you can register with twitter )
>
> Outstanding presentation!
>
> More info on the read write social web project at: https://github.com/read-write-web/wiki/wiki <https://github.com/read-write-web/wiki/wiki>

Thanks. There are more very interesting videos from that same conference online at
https://skillsmatter.com/conferences/1948-scala-exchange-2014#skillscasts

( check out the ones on scala-js )

> Genuinely excited to see what can be built on this
>
> Henry, just wondering if you got any further with the concept of linking a user profile to a read write data space?

The last few weeks I have been reading up on homotopy type theory, of which more in this
philoweb mailing list here

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-philoweb/2014Dec/0001.html

I’ll be getting back to coding on some simple rww user interfaces with scala js
later this week, if not tomorrow…

If people find this interesting to work on you’re welcome to try out rww-play -
 contact me on skype on bblfish if you have any difficulty whatsoever : user feedback
is essential in the early stages of a project like this.

Henry

> It covers pretty much why LDP is important for the Social Web, how
> that can tie in with Web Access Control, Authentication, and as this
> is a Scala conference some really cool things one can do with Scala,
> Scala-JS that is going to allow us to tie together the Java* worlds.
>
> This should be really useful as a background for the presentation
> I'll make on Tuesday for the teleconf on how LDP could be useful to
> the APIs work for the Social Web.
>
> Henry
>
> Social Web Architect
> http://bblfish.net/ <http://bblfish.net/>