Re: Simple Page-Owner Token (SPOT) Authentication

On 11/10/14 4:12 PM, carmen wrote:
> "new authentication type Page-Owner-Token"
>
> Stake House is an attempt to create:
> *A standard for stake claims regarding ownership of URLs
> https://github.com/hidden-id/stakehouse/wiki

Ultimately, how is this different from WebID + WebID-TLS + Custom RDF
relations represented using <link/> notation, from Plain Old Semantic HTML?

I certainly like the fact that initiatives like this are looking to
<link/> relations. Thus, I just hope the connection can be made re., RDF
the Language and its loosely coupling to a variety of notations.

For instance:
<link rel="stake" href="https://twitter.com/TheRealDod">

where the HTML page URL is the subject of the "stake" relation

Is equivalent to:

Link: https://twitter.com/TheRealDod; rel="stake"

where the HTML page URL is also the subject of the "stake" relation.

All of the above is equivalent to the following represented in TURTLE
notation:

<> <#stake> <https://twitter.com/TheRealDod> .

Ultimately, we will use many statements en route to more fine-grained
and higher quality identity claims. This will happen much sooner, if we
can see RDF as a Language associated with a variety of notations. Rather
than an Abstract Syntax associated with Concrete Syntaxes, which is
utterly confusing.

Notations are how the words of a Language are represented :)

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com