Re: WebID and CIMBA Issues

On 5/10/14 12:57 PM, Andrei Sambra wrote:
> Kingsley,
>

> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 5/10/14 8:20 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>

>>>         What do you mean by "can't login to cimba"? Does logging
>>>         into https://test.rww.io/ work?
>>
>>         Yes it works.
>>

>>>         Worst case scenario, can you please provide a screenshot?
>>>
>>>         Thanks!
>>
>>         It simply states: WebID-TLS Authentication failed.
>>
>>         Please note, before I would indicate there's a problem with
>>         WebID-TLS I would have performed the following basic
>>         verification tests:
>>

>>     It's also possible to change provider, from index.html:
>>
>>         var providerURI =
>>     '//linkeddata.github.io/signup/index.html?ref=
>>     <http://linkeddata.github.io/signup/index.html?ref=>';
>>

>>         1. attempt to verify using at least two WebID-TLS
>>         verification services
>>         2. ensure the relation for indicating data storage location
>>         is in place.
>>
>>         Links:
>>
>>         [1] http://id.myopenlink.net/c/CHKJ6Y -- output from our own
>>         Web-TLS verifier which (like Henry's) successfully verifies
>>         the WebID in question via claims in its associated profile
>>         document .
>>
>     Melvin,
>

>     I get further with Chrome (not so with IE and Safari), but I can't
>     create a Blog [1].
>
>     I guess Firefox next.
>
>     [1] http://susepaste.org/10043179.
>

> Does your data store speak LDP? To creat new resources (i.e. a blog)
> on your server, Cimba uses LDP (POSTing to a container). If your
> server doesn't support LDP, then Cimba won't work. This is something I
> have to fix, to have Cimba complain about not working with an LDP server.
>
> -- Andrei

Andrei,

Since LDP only just has a testsuite and barely any interop testing. Why
can't you implement the following:

[1] error messages that indicate the failure in question -- even if you
have a "debug" button for those that seek this kind of detailed information

[2] make LDP dependency for storage clear.

We support WebDAV, SPARQL 1.1, SPARQL Graph Protocol, and LDP (but this
implementation suffers from implementation and spec related problems, so
not on part with the other methods). In addition, we've always support
all the Blog related protocols (including Atom Pub).

Some additional info re. the storage data space referred to by the
object of the worspace storage relation:

curl -IX OPTIONS
http://id.myopenlink.net/DAV/home/KingsleyUyiIdehen/Public/LInked%20Data%20Documents/cimba/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Virtuoso/07.10.3209 (Linux) x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu  VDB
Connection: Keep-Alive
Allow:
GET,HEAD,POST,PUT,DELETE,OPTIONS,PROPFIND,PROPPATCH,COPY,MOVE,LOCK,UNLOCK,TRACE