Re: Web Credits -- Electronic Cash for the Read Write Web

On 1 November 2013 15:10, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been working on an electronic cash system that's
> oriented to the read write web
>
> The spec is available at:
> http://webcredits.org/
>
> The main properties:
>  Using web standards to read to get balances
>  Creating and sending coins via the HTTP protocol
>  Varied strategies to prevent race conditions
>  Potential Trust overlays, starting with zero trust
>  Participants can be named or anonymous
>  New credits can be made using the semantic web
>
> The project is currently in design phase with the aim to build early
> prototypes by the new year
>
> Please feel free to pop in to #webcredits on freenode if you would like to
> particpate

Just a quick update on this:

I've created a coin for testing:

http://coin.data.fm/rwwcoin#this

So far the block chain is 5 entries long.

I've also created a Credit system based on this coins using Web Credits,
with a faucet that issues coins daily.

http://coin.data.fm/rwwcoin_faucet.html

I am at the point now where I am starting to do some testing verification
and automation.  If you'd like to help out please pop in to #webcredis on
freenode IRC, and I can help set you up and show you how to receive coins.
The documentation is still very light, so it's aimed at people that have a
good understanding of linked data and payments right now, or those willing
to learn