Re: Webizing Existing Applications

On 15 January 2014 14:22, Fabio Barone <holon.earth@gmail.com> wrote:

> Melvin,
>
> can you make specific examples of systems you see candidates for webizing?
> The wording is interesting but I couldn't identity any
> (nation states? public transport? embedded devices?)

Tim's example (note that acl's RWW is a webization of the UNIX file system)

x webize(x)  Hypertext WWW  Data Linked
data<http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html>  Top-down
structured design Bottom-up ontology design  Data Hiding Data Re-use  Goto
Considered Harmful Goto drives the economy  unix file system ACL'd r/w
linked data <http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/CloiudStorage.html>  Large-scale
structure: Hierachy Large-scale structure Scale
free<http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Fractal.html>

Some possible examples in free software:

mindmup.com
elgg.com
drupal.org
lorea.org