Re: Running an RWW app on an iframe?

<iframe> (or embed) sounds like a good idea.

did a quick search:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6784263/iframe-with-bookmarks-without-the-main-browser-jumping
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20441856/how-to-create-the-bookmark-of-the-iframe-content

Bookmarking can be sorted out…

There’s a bunch of similarities to mobile apps; it’s just html5/js (backend graph/RDF not MySQL)

Haven’t done enough thinking to consider the manifest use of sparql queries yet.

there’s a .known/ theory i’ve seen somewhere.  i imagine user-session preferences might have something to do with that?

have you considered versioning, master/derivatives, management of potentially large sets of versions (many may replicate) and preference sets around different document / file types?

ie; heritage application might upload a 200-600MB TIFF file, with embedded .meta - then require that ‘master’ (or preservation copy) to be stored in archive; followed by the creation of a bunch of usable derivatives.

then perhaps the senior / elder who made the tiff file didn’t know anything about colour correction; so, another contributor fixed up the file, generates a bunch of imagemagick RDF / metadata (re: settings for colour correcting the original file) and another set of derivatives are made this time with different creative commons attributes (meaning, it’s been a little more produced - the dublincore metadata structure changes).

RDF is cool for many good reasons. as long as it’s available in the RWW-Server though, i’m not sure it matters how clients are powered?  perhaps other than for community purposes?  it’s so early, if we’ve got MS vs. Netscape on JS Definition like debates; we might not help the ‘movement' we’re spending time / effort on defining.   http://data.fm/ gives a bunch of standardised request / response - interface standards.  Perhaps whether it’s one platform or another, competition helps grow; but developing baseline standards needs cooperation?

The other issue perhaps is uptake / encouraging people to ‘dip their toes in the sparql’ ;) -  there’s a bunch of php people out there, with more experience on html5/LAMP than Java/scala (or python).

hoping that makes sense to people?

tim.