Fwd: Federated Social Web at W3C Workshop on Social Standards August 7-8th/SanFran

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
Date: 16 June 2013 02:09
Subject: Federated Social Web at W3C Workshop on Social Standards August
7-8th/SanFran
To: public-fedsocweb@w3.org, Evan Prodromou <evan.prodromou@gmail.com>

Federated Social Web Community Group folks,

We want some of the folks from FSW to participate in the W3C workshop on
the social standards to help -level-set the state of play on FSW protocols
now.

        Workshop on Social Standards: The Future of Business
        7-8 August 2013
        San Francisco, CA
        Hosted by AppFusions

Please find the link below with more information about the workshop:

http://www.w3.org/2013/**socialweb/ <http://www.w3.org/2013/socialweb/>

The W3C Workshop will bring together top experts like yourselves in social
web technologies to discuss all aspects of the industry and review
use-cases driving social business and next steps for standards. We want you
there to discuss email, XMPP, Pubsubhubbub (HTTP), and the rest. If folks
want it, with industry consensus we could get kind of Working Group off the
ground by fall.

Note, W3C Workshops are free and open to non-members; however, you do need
to submit either a Position Paper by 1 July 2013 if you wish to present or
a Statement of Interest by 31 July 2013 if you wish to attend.  Just send
the organizing chair (Harry Halpin, hhalpin@w3.org) an email if you have
any questions.

See you in San Fran,
    harry

P.S.: Apologies for disappearing, had to work out Web Crypto WG!