Fwd: ANN: asqc - A Simple SPARQL Query Client

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: 25 February 2013 13:28
Subject: ANN: asqc - A Simple SPARQL Query Client
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

A simple command-line utility for issuing/testing SPARQL queries.

  https://github.com/gklyne/asqc
  https://pypi.python.org/pypi/**asqc <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/asqc>

This is a simple utility designed to be used in Unix-style shell script
pipelines - queries can be chained, with bindings from a SELECT query
constraining results in the next, or filtering RDF data through CONSTRUCT
queries.  There are some usage examples at https://github.com/gklyne/asqc**.

I've had this kicking around for a while now (I initially delayed
announcing it until it was mostly working, then forgot).

I use it mainly for query testing and/or shell scripts, and scratching
similar itches - more as a developer tool than a polished product.  The
heavy lifting of SPARQL query processing is handled by rdflib (
https://github.com/RDFLib/**rdflib <https://github.com/RDFLib/rdflib>) and
friends.

There are still some rough edges (error reporting isn't great), but it does
seem to mostly achieve what it says on the box.

Acknowledgement: this tool was developed in part through my work on the
EU-funded Wf4Ever project
(http://www.wf4ever-project.**org<http://www.wf4ever-project.org>
).

Enjoy!