Re: URIOA

On Sat, 2013-08-10 at 12:51 -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Do you mean a WSDL equivalent? If so, we do have a vocab [1] that we
> use
> to describe our services e.g., online ordering etc..

hi,

the whole ldp thing lately reminded me of the good old days,
sitting in vienna's museumsquartier [1] at netbase-t0 [2], hacking the
online presence of a friend for an exhibition in new york.

what we are currently doing is describing static content using
structured data.

thing is that i have got documents (the lot of them) containing runnable
methods (java-, python-, bash-, ... files) and there's actually no
reason to exclude such documents from the linked data world.

here are two examples...

1. string.toUpperCase()
1.1 the entity http://equation.turnguard.com/eq/strings/toupper  (you'll
get a description (ultra-alpha) of the method)
1.2. sample running :
http://equation.turnguard.com/eq/strings/toupper?string=aha

2. fileSystem.list
2.1 the entity http://equation.turnguard.com/eq/fs/ls
2.2 sample running :
http://equation.turnguard.com/eq/fs/ls.html?root=/home/turnguard/data/domains

now for another sample use case (non existing at the moment):

say, i have something like open calais's term extraction available as
such a linked method (it grabs all labels from a given uri and does a
term extraction) i could do term extraction like so

@prefix sioc:<http://sioc.org/> .
@prefix calais:<http://calais.org/nlp/extraction/> .
@prefix rdfs:<http://rdfs.org/> .
<http://docs.turnguard.com/16/08/2013/0001> a sioc:Item;
                                            sioc:content "crisis in egypt";
                                            rdfs:seeAlso <http://calais.org/nlp/extraction/terms?uri=http://docs.turnguard.com/16/08/2013/0001>.

still thinking about more useful use cases, it's funny anyway ;-)

wkr jürgen

[1] http://www.mqw.at/en/
[2] http://www.netbase.org/t0

--
| Jürgen Jakobitsch,
| Software Developer
| Semantic Web Company GmbH
| Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
| A - 1070 Wien, Austria
| Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| web       : http://www.semantic-web.at/
| foaf      : http://company.semantic-web.at/person/juergen_jakobitsch
PERSONAL INFORMATION