Re: WebID, Trust and Banking

Excerpts from Melvin Carvalho's message of 2012-09-28 09:55:16 +0000:
> On 27 September 2012 23:39, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
> > You may want to add the following to the wiki on trust
> >
> > "WebID & eCommerce" http://bblfish.net/blog/2012/04/30/
> >
> > Which shows how one can use linked data to fill up the
> > trust story for official sites.
> >

> Added, thanks Henry.
>
> There's also a very interesting conversation going on at web-payments on
> Trust.
>
> We've for some time had the idea of IOUs between agents.  I've proposed the
> idea of trust as a credit line.
>
> "Alice trusts Bob but only to the tune of 10 euros"
>
> I think this is the last piece we need to get a really interesting web
> economy started.
I don't mind people *also* approach trust like a credit line, still finding it myself sort of naive approach. I would like to *also* focus on more sophisticated relation to trust. For example "I trust Melvin with editing RFC documents" but *at the same time* "I don't trust Melvin in spicing up curry", not that I would find Melvin having bad intentions but maybe he haven't taken enough time to practice cooking, or I just simply don't like his style of cuisine ;)

I've founded quite interesting attempt guys from http://www.espians.com (or just Tav?) made with: http://www.trustmap.org
ex: http://www.trustmap.org/#python/@tav

Again plain trust without *context* I find not very useful...

In Web we Trust ;)