Re: The necessity of hypermedia RDF and an approach to achieve it

On Tuesday 11. September 2012 17.58.07 Olivier Berger wrote:
> I agree : the paper makes too many assumptions on the familiarity of the
> reader with what HATEOS, hypermedia and many other high level concepts
> IMHO.

Yeah, space constraints and all that, it is what I managed to cram in
there...

> However, at first read of the mail's subject (or paper's title), I
> thought : Oh, something about mixing hypertext and video inside RDF
> docs...

Well, yes, embedding stuff is just a tiny fraction of what hypermedia is
about, and it is one of the few things that RDF isn't good at. :-)

> I'm a bit afraid of ambiguities on the Hypermedia term. See for instance
>
> : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermedia :-/

Actually, I think it describes rather well what I do... The key with
hypermedia are the links, whereas multimedia, you mix media types. I think
it is common to confuse multimedia and hypermedia, but I think it is quite
appropriate to speak of hypermedia in RDF terms.

> Any alternative title idea ?

I'd still be open to it though :-)

Best,

Kjetil