Re: Fwd: FInal comments on Turtle (Deadline 15 September)

On 9/10/12 1:37 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Great to see turtle finally becoming a W3C REC, for any that may be
> unaware it's an easy data serialization, you can learn in 10 minutes,
> and already supported by many sites, including Facebook open graph.

+1

Its the shortest route to Linked Data comprehension and appreciation. I
say this for the following reasons:

1. human readable
2. intimidation factor is zilch
3. dispenses with artificial Linked Data Deployment hurdles such as:
     - domain name ownership
     - domain name server access and privileges
     - web server access and privileges
     - URI pattern design and debate .

All you needs is the ability to publish a document to the Web, and you
are set re. 5-Star Linked Data.

A post about this "deceptively simple" format and notation for creating
Linked Data resources:

1. http://bit.ly/RJzd9S -- why Turtle matters.

Kingsley

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com