Re: WebID, WebID Protocol definitions and requirements.

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:05:05 +0000
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
CC: public-rww@w3.org, public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>
Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 10/31/12 12:39 PM, Nathan wrote:
>> For reference, would you be 0/1 with:
>>
>> a) definition WebID: an HTTP URI which denotes an Agent. Where you can
>> GET an RDF model as TURTLE.
>
> 0.
>
>> b) subjectAltName ... MUST be an HTTP URI ...
>
> 0.

any input from the other 16 people who +1'd the definition using "a hash
HTTP URI"?

My position can be summarised as http-uri where you can GET turtle,
preference to hash URIs.

This says nothing as to whether I like the constraints, but I do think
they're needed to prevent webid protocol verification agents needing to
support a plethora of standards and non standards, on both the protocol
and mediatype sides.

Kingsley, as always I really appreciate your dedication to keeping
things as open and inclusive as possible on the web.

Best,

Nathan