Re: WebID, WebID Protocol definitions and requirements.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
<snip>

> Okay. Let's ignore the turtle side of things for now, all the arguments on
> having a single common format supported by all are fairly sound for
> interoperability reasons.
>
> So the issue comes down to #frag - this is familiar.
>
> Personally, I want to see as many people as possible using frag http uris
> to denote agents, and also want to ensure that WebID protocol encourages
> this

The WebID protocol should not encourage a particular pattern for mintings
URI, who knows what will be fashionable in 2 years? what if TAG or some
other group comes up with a resolution on the http-range14 debate? I'm not
opposed to using #frag in non-normative examples in the spec, or in some
kind of primer, but IMO for future proofing, the protocol should not be
tied to #frag URIs or any other pattern.

 but does not prevent or preclude any dereferencable http URI, frag or
> slash.

yes

Steph.

--