Re: Proposal: 7 Core Use Cases For The Social RWW?

From: Sandeep Shetty <sandeep.shetty@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 03:29:17 +0530
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
> My hunch is that social networks is essentially blogging + access control to
> posts using the social graph.
>
> Your wall is your feed reader.
> It can read posts it has access to given your position in a social network.
> You can make friends (ping back)
>
> Posting to a wall could be done in many ways: either pinging, or just
> posting the content.

This is very close to how I see it as well: http://activityweb.org/

Except for the access control bit. Blogs have been public by default.
The latest (draft) version of PubSubHubbub [1] has some support for
private feeds which looks promising.

1. https://superfeedr-misc.s3.amazonaws.com/pubsubhubbub-core-0.4.html#validationsub

--
Sandeep Shetty