Re: Understanding Activity Dialog

Hey Melvin,

This is the least documented of the lot. I'm hoping to fix it while
working on the proof of concept I mentioned earlier.

So the first iteration of Activity Dialog is a quick hack and here is
how it might work (say for example the "like" verb):
* The webapp you use to publish/consume content (Activity Web
implementation) will give you a bookmarklet that you can add to your
bookmarks bar.
* When you visit a resource (profile page, blog post, image, video,
etc.) you want to like, you click on the bookmarklet which opens up a
popup window loading the Activity Dialog on your webapp which is just
a form that lets you capture an activity. The Activity Dialog
pre-fills the current URL as the Object URL for the activity and the
title (if present) as the displayName. It uses your profile page (on
the webapp) as the Actor URL and (for now) selects the verb "like".
(The next version could have a drop-down for the verb and present
other verbs, for example, allowing comments.)
* Publishing this activity happens on your webapp and it sends an
Activity Pingback to the resource that was the object of the activity.

--
Sandeep Shetty