Re: Activity Pingback

From: Sandeep Shetty <sandeep.shetty@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 11:41:59 +0530
To: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Cc: public-rww@w3.org
> 1) How can I identify and then authenticate a user on activity web

The idea is that users on activity web publish content and perform
activities on their own site.  So If I visit your page and want to
like it, I do it via an Activity Dialog (http://activitydialog.org/)
which creates an activity stream entry on my website and sends an
activity pingback to your page. Users who follow me will know about
this activity via PubSubHubbub. So activity web doesn't need
authentication . If however you want to do something on someone else's
website, then it's up to that website to choose a way to identify and
authenticate you.

> 2) Once I have added the like, how can I send a pingback message back?

To send an Activity Pingback you need the following:
* The URL that you use as you identify (used as the actor of the
activity) will need to advertise an Activity Pingback endpoint.
* When queried back by the Activity Pingback receiver, the advertised
endpoint will need to return a JSON Activity stream payload.

See http://activitypingback.org/ for details.

--
Sandeep Shetty