Re: VIE.js - Semantic Interaction Framework

From: Henri Bergius <henri.bergius@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 20:28:32 +0200
To: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Cc: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>, Szaby Grünwald <szaby.gruenwald@salzburgresearch.at>
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:24 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮
<perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
> I would like to use autocomplete, similar to one in your widget, in unhosted webapps like: http://sharedstuff.org/#elf-pavlik@5apps.com
> I wonder if it could help solving multilingual challenge? :)
>
> For example http://dbpedia.org/page/Bicycle in rdfs:label has it in 19 languages, and I would like autocomplete to work with any of them. This way someone in Berlin could add: 'Fahrrad' and I could still find it as 'Bicycle' or 'Polkupyörä' ;D
>
> I haven't looked at code yet but i guess showing dbpedia-owl:thumbnail should also work smooth?

Probably it could. I'm adding Szaby, the author of the autocomplete
widget into this thread.

VIE already provides you with the different language versions of
literals from services like DBpedia, but there are plans to make this
part of the API nicer:
https://github.com/bergie/VIE/issues/114

Until that we have getPreferredLangForPreferredProperty:
https://github.com/bergie/VIE/blob/master/src/Util.js#L285

/Henri

--
Henri Bergius