EmailSigning feedback

From: Jürgen Jakobitsch <j.jakobitsch@semantic-web.at>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 15:12:11 +0200
To: Read-Write-Web <public-rww@w3.org>
hi,

apparently this whole emailSigning thing not so easy and there is a
plethora of "reactions" from different email clients.

maybe we should set up a wiki-page with a matrix of the creation process
and the experiences with different mail clients to come up with a
solution that suits most people.

i'm writing this because i just read sebastian tramp's last email
(preparing for TPAC teleconf) and saw something i have never seen before
in evolution mail (on openSuse 12.1) :

"Signature exists, but need public key"

when i open the cert (i cannot click on details as usual) i see:

This message is signed with a signature but there is no corresponding
key.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (Darwin)
gpg: armor header:
gpg: Signature made Mon 01 Oct 2012 02:51:29 PM CEST using RSA key ID
9D601B44

wkr turnguard

--
| Jürgen Jakobitsch,
| Software Developer
| Semantic Web Company GmbH
| Mariahilfer Straße 70 / Neubaugasse 1, Top 8
| A - 1070 Wien, Austria
| Mob +43 676 62 12 710 | Fax +43.1.402 12 35 - 22

COMPANY INFORMATION
| web       : http://www.semantic-web.at/
| foaf      : http://company.semantic-web.at/person/juergen_jakobitsch
PERSONAL INFORMATION