Re: rdflib.js question

Baptiste Lafontaine wrote:
> I hope it's the right mailing list to ask such a question. It it's not
> do not hesitate to redirect me to a more appropriate place.
>
> I want to use rdflib.js it for my node webID implementation
> (https://github.com/magnetik/node-webid) but I can't make it work.
>
> My need are quite simple : I have the rdf/xml (or turtle or N3)
> document as a string in a variable, I just want to parse it and make a
> few simple queries on it.
>
> I've tried something like this :
> store = new rdf.IndexedFormula
> rdf.parse(webID, store, $rdf.sym('http://magnetik.org/card#me'),
> 'application/rdf+xml')
>
> (where store webID is a valid rdf/xml document)
>
> I'm not very used to all RDF specific terms and the lack of
> documentation or example has been blocking me for quite a while...

Hi Baptiste,

Last time I checked, DOM/XML support was lacking on node.js,
specifically around support for namespaced attributes, it may have been
fixed since.

Regardless though, as far as I'm aware rdflib.js hasn't updated to work
on node properly yet, and node.js specific rdf/xml support hasn't been
added. This is most likely a problem with all RDF tooling for node.js,
although as I say libs may have been updated and it may now be supported
by somebody.

Tim, Adrian, Antonio, or Niklas (all cc'd) may be able to confirm this.

FWIW, a few of us are going to be looking at updating some of the rdf
libraries for js in the very near future, so we can keep you posted.

In the meantime, certainly Turtle is well supported in node.js RDF
tooling, so you can get going and add rdf/xml support as and when it's
available.

Best,

Nathan