Re: hash/303, all use cases, requirements, thoughts, notes, approaches, use cases, user stories..

On 21 Nov 2012, at 18:33, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:

> Henry Story wrote:
>>> I'm unsure that anything could be captured here which hasn't already been captured by the exhaustive work of Jonathan Rees and others via www-tag and the awwsw tf, see:
>>>
>>> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris.html
>> We can define WebIDs to be whatever we want I think. We had Tim Berners Lee argue
>> strongly in favor of hash urls. So I think it cannot be that this is as clear
>> as you think.
>> Please add your point to the wiki hash page.
>
> I'd be happy to condense all view points from defininguris.html and related pages, gathered via the tag and awwsw tf with outreach to most people with any view point on this long running debate, in to a single document - if it helps.
>
> This includes TimBLs arguments as we spent a lot of time working with them and discussing them within the awwsw tf. I may be in a position to create a document clearly capturing all view points, positives and negatives, which can be read by everyone here who cares, ahead of a proper vote at a telecon.
>
> Let me know if this is okay, and I'll have it done in the next 1-2 days, ready for review by the group(s).

That sounds very interesting. Please if you do get it done, add it to the wiki and link to the
document. There may be other issues you have not thought of that may still appear in the wiki.

Henry

> Best,
>
> Nathan

Social Web Architect