Re: [WAC] regexps in WebAccessControl

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 21:06:04 +0000
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
CC: Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>, Read-Write-Web <public-rww@w3.org>
Henry Story wrote:
>   []  wac:accessToClass [ wac:regex "http://joe.example/blog/.*" ];

What would [ wac:regex "http://joe.example/blog/.*" ] mean?

Using OWL 2 we can create a datatype definition, using a datatype
restriction, on strings and the like - but that doesn't (anywhere near)
cover what's required here.

I'm unsure how we'd actually create a Class of things based on the
lexical form of a URI though, or even, whether it's a good idea to do so
- we are basically saying that if a URI has a lexical form which matches
the regular expression x, then that URI denotes something which is of
the class y. This feels wrong.

Cheers,

Nathan