Re: [Owncloud] Permissions & CRUDS

From: Thomas Tanghus <thomas@tanghus.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 23:47:18 +0100
To: owncloud@kde.org
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
On Tuesday 06 November 2012 23:58 Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 6 November 2012 22:45, Thomas Tanghus <thomas@tanghus.net> wrote:
> > The Share API has a clear definition at
> > https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/lib/public/share.php#L50
>
> Thanks for pointing this out, this is very interesting.
>
> The W3C Read Write Web Community group is hoping to standarize in this
> space based on traditional HTTP verbs.

I can't elaborate much on this as I don't have much saying on the philosophy
behind either OC or W3C, but I've filed an issue about this at
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/345 because I believe that if we aim
to have a CRUDS permissions scheme it should be applicable to all objects in
an ownCloud instance, not just files or shared objects.

Maybe it will get more attention there? ;)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus