Re: Pingback changes/improvements

On 30 May 2012 21:42, bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org> wrote:

> Am 29.05.2012 19:51, schrieb Melvin Carvalho:
> >

> > On 21 May 2012 23:33, bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org
> > <mailto:bergi@axolotlfarm.org>> wrote:
> >
> >     Am 15.05.2012 16:27, schrieb Melvin Carvalho:
> >     > We've also put together a wiki page containting all these links,
> >     one to
> >     > the W3 wiki, one to bergi's new spec proposal, your friending
> >     paper and
> >     > the original pingback protocol.
> >     >
> >     > http://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/Pingback
> >
> >     I added a sequence diagram + short description for the proposed
> >     Client-Side Pingback:
> >
> >     http://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/Pingback#Client-Side_Pingback
> >

> > These enhancements look great, I especially keen to try out the OAuth
> flows.
> >
> > Now that we have a few pingback implementations, perhaps we can do a few
> > interop tests in the next few days.
> >
> > Maybe I can set one up on
> >
> > http://jsfiddle.net/
> >
> > Would there be CORS issues with a POST?  I know most browsers are OK,
> > but IE9 may be a pain point ... or anyone know if you can change the
> > settings?
>
> IE9 + CORS + POST works. Also client certificates are supported, even if
> an old IEInternals blog post claims something else [1]. But custom
> headers aren't supported. So the "Accept-Authentication" header doesn't
> work in that combination. It's also not very nice that IE uses a
> different JavaScript object for CORS (XDomainRequest). But jQuery
> automatically picks the right one.
>
> [1]
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2010/05/13/xdomainrequest-restrictions-limitations-and-workarounds.aspx

Thanks, that's great to know.

It's awesome to see that both the myprofile and ODS implementations now
allow you to get email notifications for new messages.  This common social
network pattern completes the bootstrapping between web based solutions and
email.  Something that's been asked for for many years.

I'm going to test out bergnet and aksw later today, but really nice to see
secure federated social networking starting to come together! :)