Re: Comments about the RDFa representation in Pingback

On 22.05.2012 12:45, Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Tue, 22 May 2012 11:23:41 +0200
> Ivan Herman<ivan@w3.org>  wrote:
>
>> RDFa does not take the @value into account.
>
> It does in HTML; not in XHTML.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-in-html/#additional-rdfa-processing-rules
>
> "the HTML5 value attribute must be utilized when generating output. If
> value is detected, it must override and be processed according to the
> rules for content."
>
> I believe this rule was added to cope with the<data>  element (not sure
> of<data>'s current status in HTML5 - it's been in and out of favour):

> 	He is<data property="foaf:age" value="18">eighteen</data>.
>
> ... but the HTML+RDFa spec doesn't limit @value processing to<data>,
> so it seems to me it should work for<input>  too. (And, interestingly,
> <param>...)
So an example in [2] isn't correct.
How it can be solved? Ivan, you're member of RDFa Working Group. Do you
think that support for (X)HTML forms should be added in RDFa processing
rules?

[2] http://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/Pingback#Writing_a_Pingback_Service

Best,
Dominik