Re: Pingback changes/improvements

On 12 May 2012 19:46, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

> I am back in France, so I'll have time to look at this and
> other things more closely soon.
>
> I think it would be nice if we could publish
>  https://resourceme.bergnet.org/spec-pingback
>  and an updated version of
>  http://bblfish.net/tmp/2011/05/09/
> on read-write-web community group space.
>
>  I also think it would be useful to update it with the
> Linked Data Basic Profile 1.0 in mind,
>
>  http://www.w3.org/Submission/2012/02/
>
> though I think one should wait for the new working group
> to come to some conclusions there.

Thanks Henry

We've also put together a wiki page containting all these links, one to the
W3 wiki, one to bergi's new spec proposal, your friending paper and the
original pingback protocol.

http://www.w3.org/community/rww/wiki/Pingback

It would be great if you had a chance to review.

Perhaps more importantly.

Maybe it's possible can add a matrix or RWW systems that support pingback
and how results for interoperability tests.

The ones I know of so far:

Openlink Data Space
My Profile
Resource Me

In progress

data.fm
others?

One thing that I thought if that may be nice is the following.  If Alice
sends a ping to Bob, perhaps Bob could receive an email to his foaf : mbox
saying

"You have received one new message -- please click the following link to
check your inbox"

... of something similar?